Horses belonging to Dogwood Stable and Legacy Stable survived a large fire at the Aiken Training Track in Aiken, S.C., Jack Sadler confirmed July 20.
When the working relationship between Dogwood Stable and Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners becomes an official merger July 1, Eclipse will take over all purchasing duties and management of the Eclipse-Dogwood stable.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens, 46, who retired as a rider in 2005 with over 5,000 victories before opening a California-based training operation in August, gained his first win as a trainer Oct. 16 at Santa Anita when Higher Incentive won Oak Tree's third race and paid $15.40.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park