Horses belonging to Dogwood Stable and Legacy Stable survived a large fire at the Aiken Training Track in Aiken, S.C., Jack Sadler confirmed July 20.
When the working relationship between Dogwood Stable and Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners becomes an official merger July 1, Eclipse will take over all purchasing duties and management of the Eclipse-Dogwood stable.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens, 46, who retired as a rider in 2005 with over 5,000 victories before opening a California-based training operation in August, gained his first win as a trainer Oct. 16 at Santa Anita when Higher Incentive won Oak Tree's third race and paid $15.40.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board