Turbulent Descent, a grade I winner at 2 through 4, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare at John Magnier and partners' Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Turbulent Descent made her first start for her new connections a winning one Aug. 24, taking the $500,000 Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course and punching her ticket to the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint.
Turbulent Descent flashed her true ability when she ran away from the field in the $250,000 Test Stakes as the 9-10 favorite at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 6.
Heavily favored Turbulent Descent dominated her five rivals in the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) before 18,873 at Keeneland April 17, winning by five lengths.
Turbulent Descent, who lost a decision to Zazu in last month's Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I), turned the tables on her rival with a neck victory as the even-money favorite in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) March 5.
Undefeated Turbulent Descent passed her first distance test with relative ease when she took command in the stretch and held sway to win the $409,250 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) by 1 1/4 lengths Dec. 11 at Hollywood Park.
A stylish debut winner Oct. 3, Turbulent Descent was even more impressive Nov. 21 at Hollywood Park, toying with her five opponents in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby