Diamond Stripes, a group II winning son of Notebook, has been retired to Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center near Georgetown, Ky.
Multiple stakes winner Nob Hill Deelite will stand at Roger's Ranch near Mead, Neb.
The new voice of the home of the Kentucky Derby will be announced Jan. 15. Churchill Downs will hold a press conference at the Louisville, Ky., racetrack to let the industry know who will replace Luke Kruytbosch, who died of an apparent heart attack July 14 at age 47.
Host, a grade I winner for owner Eugene Melnyk, has been bought by an Australian group that will stand him at stud.
Jet West, a California stakes winner out of a California Broodmare of the Year, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Joan Rogers' Applebite Farms near French Camp, Calif.
California trainer Allen E. Rogers was suspended by Bay Meadows stewards after a horse in his care tested in excess of the specified level for the 2-(1-hydroxyethyl) promazine, a Class 3 violation.
Gentlemen, who won two of his biggest races in California, will be relocated to the Golden State to stand at Joan Rogers' Applebite Farms near French Camp.
Cuvee, one of the top juveniles of 2003, is on track for a start in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Sprint, trainer Steve Asmussen said Saturday. Asmussen said 4-year-old filly Lady Tak also remains an outside possibility for the Sprint.
The night the Cincinnati Reds beat the host Atlanta Braves 11-8, the colt Cincinnati Red won a maiden race Sept. 22 at Turfway Park to become the first winner for his sire, grade I winner The Deputy.
America's Storm, a stakes-placed son of Storm Cat, will enter stud this year at Joan Rogers' Applebite Farm in French, Camp, Calif. He will stand for $4,000.
Gotham City, who showed record speed at the 2000 Barretts March sale of 2-year-olds in training, has joined the stallion roster at Joan Rogers' Applebite Farms near French Camp, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot