New York-bred Hot Stones jumped back into open company June 21 to make her graded stakes debut, and emerged a winner of the $150,000 Bed o' Roses Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Trainers Gary Contessa and Linda Rice will be among the industry speakers participating in the New York Racing Association's next "New Owners Luncheon" at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 18.
Roddy Valente's Bustin Stones, the 2-1 morning line favorite for this afternoon's $250,000 Alfred Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga, is out of the race according to trainer Bruce Levine. A bruise in his right front foot is the culprit.
Bustin Stones took his sixth race in a row when he proved victorious in the Carter Handicap (gr. I).
The day after undefeated Bustin Stones won the Feb. 18 General George Handicap at Laurel Park by a head, trainer Bruce Levine said the New York-bred will make his grade I debut in the $300,000 Carter Handicap at Aqueduct April 5.
Svea Dahl, claimed by owner Roddy Valente and trainer Bruce Levine in June, won for the fourth time and in her last six starts, taking $50,000 Carousel Stakes at Laurel Park in gate-to-wire fashion.
Roddy Valente's Svea Dahl scored an easy four-length gate-to-wire victory over Mystic Lady in the $100,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) over 1 1/8 mile on a fast track at Aqueduct Sunday.
Trainer Bruce Levine hopes Svea Dahl can keep his recent good fortunes going in the $100,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success