The Kentucky Supreme Court has declined to review a Court of Appeals decision overturning Dr. Rod Stewart's four-year suspension for possession of cobra venom and other substances.
The Kentucky Court of Appeals has overturned Dr. Rod Stewart's four-year suspension for possession of cobra venom, stating that the regulation under which the veterinarian was disciplined was vague.
Trainer Patrick Biancone, who was suspended after cobra venom and other substances were found in his barn at Keeneland three years ago, withdrew his application for a license to train in Kentucky Sept. 30.
A Franklin, Ky. Circuit Court judge has upheld the four-year suspension of veterinarian Rodney Stewart for possession of cobra venom but overturned a one-year suspension for possessing two other substances.
- By Ryan Conley
Attorneys arguing about drug testing policies and procedures may differ in their opinions about the applications of such high-profile systems, but they agree that the landscape in which they work has changed.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted unanimously May 12 to adopt the recommended report of a hearing officer in the five-year suspension of veterinarian Dr. Rodney Stewart.
A hearing officer has ruled that the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission acted properly when it handed a five-year suspension to veterinarian Dr. Rodney Stewart after cobra venom and other prohibited substances were found in a barn and in his truck at Keeneland in June 2007.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has scheduled a Dec. 3 hearing to consider the appeal of Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years in September 2007 for multiple violations of the state's medication regulations.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work