Millionaire multiple graded stakes winner Halo Dolly has been retired from racing.
Halo Dolly earned the 10th stakes win of her career with a front-running score over 1-2 favorite Unusual Way in the $100,000 Dream of Summer Stakes March 23 at Santa Anita Park.
Halo Dolly returned to winning form when teamed with Rafael Bejarano for the first time April 28, scoring a 1 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on firm turf at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Christopher Paasch hopes Cottonwood Cowboy has come of age since his disappointing debut at Del Mar last August. The 45-year-old trainer realizes that the son of Meadowlake will have to be at his best to beat pro tem 3-year-old leader Siphonic in Saturday's $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again