The top end of the market at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s June sale of 2-year-olds in training proved a mirror image of the auction's first two sessions and a sale record was set for the third consecutive day June 18.
Donegal Racing and Rockingham Ranch's Finnegans Wake returned from California in winning form to capture the $500,000 Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT) May 2 at Churchill Downs.
Finnegans Wake extended his winning streak in graded turf races to three with a late-running victory in the San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 7 at Santa Anita Park.
Veteran turf runner Finnegans Wake has found a home in California, coming from off the pace once again to capture the $200,000 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
When it comes to evaluating talent in young racehorses, Becky Thomas of Sequel Bloodstock has repeatedly proven she possesses an eye for equine athletes.
Weewinnin, emerging at the rail in the stretch, ran away from his rivals to win the $250,000 California Cup Turf Classic at 21-1 odds by 2 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Park Jan. 25.
Jockey Victor Espinoza earned the 3,000th victory of his career when favored Flashy Delight easily won the fourth race May 31 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Silvano Offspring Dominate in Durban July
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse