Adriano, winner of the Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park six weeks ago, figures to be a strong favorite when he takes on seven 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) on the turf in Illinois Oct. 11.
The simple addition of a shadow roll by trainer Richard Mandella may have spelled the difference for Tiz West, who nosed Ez Dreamer at the wire in the $147,200 Cinema Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf course June 21.
Polonius, front-running winner of the Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf last time out, appears to have the speed advantage once again when he faces just four 3-year-old rivals in the $150,000 Cinema Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT).
After making a detour for the Triple Crown trail this spring, Cecil Peacock's Indian Sun gets back on the grass May 17 at Hollywood Park, facing five sophomore rivals in the $100,000 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) at one mile.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Vitali Seeks to Get Florida License Restored