The Kentucky Personnel Board has determined that former Kentucky racing chief steward John Veitch was properly dismissed in November 2011.
A hearing officer for Kentucky Personnel Board has recommended that fired chief racing steward John Veitch should be reinstated to his former position and be awarded all back pay and benefits.
Former Kentucky Chief Steward John Veitch is appealing a circuit court decision upholding his one-year suspension and aspects of his firing.
Trainer John T. Ward, who conditioned Monarchos to an upset victory in the 2001 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has been appointed executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
Former Kentucky chief steward John Veitch has filed a supplemental appeal of his Nov. 28 dismissal from his position, claiming that he was illegally and improperly fired by the Secretary of the Public Protection Cabinet.
Most Popular Stories
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer