As expected, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and other involved parties will appeal a Franklin Circuit Court's decision last month to order the reinstatement, with back pay, of former chief state steward John Veitch.
The Kentucky Personnel Board has determined that former Kentucky racing chief steward John Veitch was properly dismissed in November 2011.
A hearing officer for Kentucky Personnel Board has recommended that fired chief racing steward John Veitch should be reinstated to his former position and be awarded all back pay and benefits.
Former Kentucky Chief Steward John Veitch is appealing a circuit court decision upholding his one-year suspension and aspects of his firing.
Trainer John T. Ward, who conditioned Monarchos to an upset victory in the 2001 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has been appointed executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
Former Kentucky chief steward John Veitch has filed a supplemental appeal of his Nov. 28 dismissal from his position, claiming that he was illegally and improperly fired by the Secretary of the Public Protection Cabinet.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag