As expected, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and other involved parties will appeal a Franklin Circuit Court's decision last month to order the reinstatement, with back pay, of former chief state steward John Veitch.
The Kentucky Personnel Board has determined that former Kentucky racing chief steward John Veitch was properly dismissed in November 2011.
A hearing officer for Kentucky Personnel Board has recommended that fired chief racing steward John Veitch should be reinstated to his former position and be awarded all back pay and benefits.
Former Kentucky Chief Steward John Veitch is appealing a circuit court decision upholding his one-year suspension and aspects of his firing.
Trainer John T. Ward, who conditioned Monarchos to an upset victory in the 2001 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has been appointed executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
Former Kentucky chief steward John Veitch has filed a supplemental appeal of his Nov. 28 dismissal from his position, claiming that he was illegally and improperly fired by the Secretary of the Public Protection Cabinet.
Most Popular Stories
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin