Robert S. Strauss, who has headed the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's board of directors as its chairman for the past 12 years, announced Aug.30 that he is stepping down, effective immediately.
Robert S. Strauss, former ambassador to Russia and one-time chairman of the Democratic National Committee, will replace the retiring John Mabee as chairman of the board of Del Mar Thoroughbred Club. Also, Betty Mabee, John's wife and partner in Golden Eagle Farm, has been added to Del Mar's board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended