Robert S. Strauss, who has headed the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's board of directors as its chairman for the past 12 years, announced Aug.30 that he is stepping down, effective immediately.
Robert S. Strauss, former ambassador to Russia and one-time chairman of the Democratic National Committee, will replace the retiring John Mabee as chairman of the board of Del Mar Thoroughbred Club. Also, Betty Mabee, John's wife and partner in Golden Eagle Farm, has been added to Del Mar's board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Record Purses, Increased Handle at Oaklawn Park
- Ten Off-Track Thoroughbreds Expected for Rolex Kentucky
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing