Robert S. Strauss, who has headed the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's board of directors as its chairman for the past 12 years, announced Aug.30 that he is stepping down, effective immediately.
Robert S. Strauss, former ambassador to Russia and one-time chairman of the Democratic National Committee, will replace the retiring John Mabee as chairman of the board of Del Mar Thoroughbred Club. Also, Betty Mabee, John's wife and partner in Golden Eagle Farm, has been added to Del Mar's board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident