Robert S. Strauss, who has headed the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's board of directors as its chairman for the past 12 years, announced Aug.30 that he is stepping down, effective immediately.
Robert S. Strauss, former ambassador to Russia and one-time chairman of the Democratic National Committee, will replace the retiring John Mabee as chairman of the board of Del Mar Thoroughbred Club. Also, Betty Mabee, John's wife and partner in Golden Eagle Farm, has been added to Del Mar's board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses