Majestic River proved her affinity for Monmouth Park July 27, rolling to a third consecutive victory over the New Jersey oval and picking up her first graded stakes score in the $203,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II).
After tracking throughout, Imposing Grace flashed another gear in the stretch to secure the first stakes win of her career May 25 in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III).
Matt's Broken Vow made his initial try at two turns a successful one, as the 3-year-old colt outran a pair of rivals in the stretch to win the $151,300 Marine Stakes (Can-III) May 17 at Woodbine.
Breaking in full stride to make the pace, Robert Mitchell's Good and Lucky showed the way throughout and captured the $75,000 Woodchopper Stakes Saturday by 4 1/4 lengths under steady showers at sloppy Fair Grounds Race Course.
Robert S. Mitchell, a successful Oklahoma owner, died July 30 in Tulsa, Okla., after battling Parkinson's disease for several years.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.