Majestic River proved her affinity for Monmouth Park July 27, rolling to a third consecutive victory over the New Jersey oval and picking up her first graded stakes score in the $203,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II).
After tracking throughout, Imposing Grace flashed another gear in the stretch to secure the first stakes win of her career May 25 in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III).
Matt's Broken Vow made his initial try at two turns a successful one, as the 3-year-old colt outran a pair of rivals in the stretch to win the $151,300 Marine Stakes (Can-III) May 17 at Woodbine.
Breaking in full stride to make the pace, Robert Mitchell's Good and Lucky showed the way throughout and captured the $75,000 Woodchopper Stakes Saturday by 4 1/4 lengths under steady showers at sloppy Fair Grounds Race Course.
Robert S. Mitchell, a successful Oklahoma owner, died July 30 in Tulsa, Okla., after battling Parkinson's disease for several years.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night