Majestic River proved her affinity for Monmouth Park July 27, rolling to a third consecutive victory over the New Jersey oval and picking up her first graded stakes score in the $203,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II).
After tracking throughout, Imposing Grace flashed another gear in the stretch to secure the first stakes win of her career May 25 in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III).
Matt's Broken Vow made his initial try at two turns a successful one, as the 3-year-old colt outran a pair of rivals in the stretch to win the $151,300 Marine Stakes (Can-III) May 17 at Woodbine.
Breaking in full stride to make the pace, Robert Mitchell's Good and Lucky showed the way throughout and captured the $75,000 Woodchopper Stakes Saturday by 4 1/4 lengths under steady showers at sloppy Fair Grounds Race Course.
Robert S. Mitchell, a successful Oklahoma owner, died July 30 in Tulsa, Okla., after battling Parkinson's disease for several years.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T