With no seven-figure horses this year, the numbers declined at the 2015 Barretts selected sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 23 in Pomona, Calif., with a $400,000 son of Twirling Candy topping the one-day auction.
A dark bay or brown colt by Speightstown out of the Medaglia d'Oro mare Haute Couture was the first yearling to bring $200,000 at the Fasig-Tipton sale of select yearlings July 15 in Lexington.
The University of Guelph has received $2 million from the E.P. Taylor Equine Research Fund to support clinical research in the health and performance of racehorses.
Boosted by competitive bidding from leading international buyers, the Keeneland September yearling sale began on a strong note Monday at the company's sales pavilion in Lexington, Ky. The average price was up 41.1%, the median rose 32.4%, and the RNA rate was 29.7%.
It was a rainy night in upstate New York, but the mood was far from gloomy during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay