With no seven-figure horses this year, the numbers declined at the 2015 Barretts selected sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 23 in Pomona, Calif., with a $400,000 son of Twirling Candy topping the one-day auction.
A dark bay or brown colt by Speightstown out of the Medaglia d'Oro mare Haute Couture was the first yearling to bring $200,000 at the Fasig-Tipton sale of select yearlings July 15 in Lexington.
The University of Guelph has received $2 million from the E.P. Taylor Equine Research Fund to support clinical research in the health and performance of racehorses.
Boosted by competitive bidding from leading international buyers, the Keeneland September yearling sale began on a strong note Monday at the company's sales pavilion in Lexington, Ky. The average price was up 41.1%, the median rose 32.4%, and the RNA rate was 29.7%.
It was a rainy night in upstate New York, but the mood was far from gloomy during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby