An authentic replication of Dust Commander's 1970 Kentucky Derby (gr.I) trophy didn't receive any bids on eBay, so the owner has re-listed it. The trophy has a starting bid of $100,000, and the auction ends Feb. 12.
An authentic replication of the 1970 Kentucky Derby trophy is being offered on eBay. After Dust Commander won the race, his owner, the late Robert Lehmann, received special permission from Churchill Downs to have a duplicate made. The original was donated by his family to the Kentucky Derby Museum last year.
Feb. 17, 1975
Master Derby at Fair Grounds
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby