Concern, the winner of the 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and the only Breeders' Cup victor to race and stand in Oklahoma, has died at the age of 25.
Millionaire Richard's Kid has repeated as Maryland-bred Horse of the Year and champion older male of 2010 in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Iowa stallion Valley Crossing, a millionaire and grade I winner, died in September from complications following colic surgery.
Grade I winner Include, who at one time captured nine of 10 starts, has been retired from racing and will stand at Brereton and Libby Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Robert E. Meyerhoff's Include, winner of the May 12 Pimlico Special (gr. I), has been installed the 7-5 morning-line favorite after drawing post two for 62nd running of the Massachusetts Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Suffolk Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Mikki Queen Rules in Japanese Oaks
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- Pleascach Wins Irish One Thousand Guineas
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Leads MM Weanling Session
- Looking for a Longshot in the Gamely Stakes
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo