A Pioneerof the Nile colt produced a healthy return on his original purchase price when sold to Robert and Lawana Low for $1 million during the March 15 second session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2-year-olds in training sale.
A filly from the last crop of Indian Charlie was sold for $600,000 to become the first horse over the half-million-dollar mark during the early portion of the first session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga selected yearling sale.
Arienza, a regally bred filly out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, has been retired from racing and has been moved to Lexington with plans to be bred to a yet to be determined stallion.
Arienza, a 3-year-old filly out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, scored an impressive first win in her debut March 6 at Oaklawn Park.
Last year's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) winner Kip Deville has a clear edge in class over his four contenders in the $100,000 Poker Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 13 at Belmont, but will have to carry 125 pounds, which is nine to 11 more than his rivals.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. spring sale of 2-year-olds in training closed out its four-day run Friday in Central Florida with increases in its gross revenue and average price.
A Touch Gold colt brought $325,000 Tuesday to top the upbeat opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. spring sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
A colt from the first crop of multiple grade I winner Aptitude brought $375,000 Tuesday to top the second session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Grade I winner Capote Belle produced her first foal, a Storm Cat filly, March 17 for owners Robert and Lawana Low at Mr. and Mrs. Craig Bandoroff's Denali Stud near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand