Fletcher and Carolyn Gray's homebred Icon Ike, a stakes-winning son of Yes It's True, will stand the 2015 breeding season at Dr. Linda Robbins' Starfish Stallions near Hot Springs, Ark. His fee will be $1,000.
With Indian Blessing resting up for a summer-fall campaign in shorter races, a pair of 3-year-old fillies who have tackled the Eclipse Award winner - Backseat Rhythm and Highest Class - are looking for their chance to shine.
Bsharpsonata continued her ascent to the top of the 3-year-old filly ranks, splitting horses in the stretch to win the Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) by two lengths March 2 at Gulfstream Park, her fourth consecutive triumph.
The Pulpit filly will have to defeat 11 rivals Jan. 1 in the Tropical Park Oaks at Calder Race Course.
Robbies and Emmas Racing Stables' two-year-old filly Robbie's Gal just missed winning the $100,000 John Franks Juvenile Fillies Turf last month when she finished second by a neck behind Wise Cookie, but she returned to the Calder turf on Sunday to get her first stakes victory in the $75,000 Live Oak Georgia Debutante Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation