Three winners of the Eclipse Award for the best steeplechase horse in the land will square off in the $150,000 Iroquois Steeplechase on Saturday.
Bill Pape's Divine Fortune set all the pace in the $100,000 Marion duPont Scott Colonial Cup (NSA-I) Nov. 15 and drew away to a dominating nine-length victory.
Jacqueline Ohrstrom's Demonstrative edged past Divine Fortune at the finish line to win the $150,000 Calvin Houghland Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) by a head May 11 at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Seven hurdle stakes horses will square off in Saturday's $100,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I), at three miles the longest hurdle race on the National Steeplechase Association calendar, in Nashville, Tenn.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike caught favorites Hirapour and Al Skywalker in the stretch to win the $50,000 Carolina First Carolina Cup Saturday before a crowd estimated at 70,000 at Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks