South African racing history was made at Turffontein racecourse April 26 when Louis The King captured the South African Derby (SAf-I) by a length to become just the second horse to win the nation's SASOC Triple Crown.
Louis The King is poised to become just the second horse to win South Africa's Triple Crown after he scored a workmanlike victory in the South Africa Classic (SAf-I) March 29 at Turffontein.
Favored Tellina and 22-1 outsider Love Struck fought out a desperate finish in the March 30 South Africa Classic (SAf-I), with the longshot surviving an objection after prevailing by the shortest of heads.
Promising Silvano colt Tellina ran out a convincing winner of the Bettingworld Gauteng Guineas (SAf-II) at Turffontein in South Africa March 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- No Grade for 2015 Herecomesthebride Stakes
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA