South African racing history was made at Turffontein racecourse April 26 when Louis The King captured the South African Derby (SAf-I) by a length to become just the second horse to win the nation's SASOC Triple Crown.
Louis The King is poised to become just the second horse to win South Africa's Triple Crown after he scored a workmanlike victory in the South Africa Classic (SAf-I) March 29 at Turffontein.
Favored Tellina and 22-1 outsider Love Struck fought out a desperate finish in the March 30 South Africa Classic (SAf-I), with the longshot surviving an objection after prevailing by the shortest of heads.
Promising Silvano colt Tellina ran out a convincing winner of the Bettingworld Gauteng Guineas (SAf-II) at Turffontein in South Africa March 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York