South African racing history was made at Turffontein racecourse April 26 when Louis The King captured the South African Derby (SAf-I) by a length to become just the second horse to win the nation's SASOC Triple Crown.
Louis The King is poised to become just the second horse to win South Africa's Triple Crown after he scored a workmanlike victory in the South Africa Classic (SAf-I) March 29 at Turffontein.
Favored Tellina and 22-1 outsider Love Struck fought out a desperate finish in the March 30 South Africa Classic (SAf-I), with the longshot surviving an objection after prevailing by the shortest of heads.
Promising Silvano colt Tellina ran out a convincing winner of the Bettingworld Gauteng Guineas (SAf-II) at Turffontein in South Africa March 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis