Grade I winner Dixie Chatter has been retired from racing and will stand in 2010 at Martin and Pam Wygod's River Edge Farm near Buellton, Calif.
Pirate's Bounty, a California leading sire, was euthanized last week at Marty and Pam Wygod's River Edge Farm near Buellton, Calif., because of the infirmities of old age.
Miss Soft Sell, dam of Preakness Stakes (gr. I) contender Brother Derek, is booked to Giant's Causeway.
Leading California stallion Bertrando, whose maternal granddaughter Silent Sighs beat champion Halfbridled in winning the March 13 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), is suffering from a liver disease and might be pensioned from stallion duty at the end of the season.
A smaller catalogue led to a lower gross, but the major indicators were positive for Barretts at its October yearling sale. Held Oct. 2, the auction showed significant gains in average and median.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight