Grade I winner Dixie Chatter has been retired from racing and will stand in 2010 at Martin and Pam Wygod's River Edge Farm near Buellton, Calif.
Pirate's Bounty, a California leading sire, was euthanized last week at Marty and Pam Wygod's River Edge Farm near Buellton, Calif., because of the infirmities of old age.
Miss Soft Sell, dam of Preakness Stakes (gr. I) contender Brother Derek, is booked to Giant's Causeway.
Leading California stallion Bertrando, whose maternal granddaughter Silent Sighs beat champion Halfbridled in winning the March 13 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), is suffering from a liver disease and might be pensioned from stallion duty at the end of the season.
A smaller catalogue led to a lower gross, but the major indicators were positive for Barretts at its October yearling sale. Held Oct. 2, the auction showed significant gains in average and median.
Most Popular Stories
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- New Bay, Karaktar Among 14 for French Derby
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli