Black Heart Bart signaled the start of Australia's group I for the 2016-17 season in fine style when easily capturing the Memsie Stakes (Aus-I) Aug. 27 at Caulfield.
Starting for the first time in 10 months, Fawkner fought out a spirited finish in the Makybe Diva Stakes (Aus-I) with Rising Romance to win by a short head Sept. 12 at Flemington.
Dal Cielo won the Diamond Stakes, and Sakhee's Soldier took the New Zealand Stakes in a group I doubleheader March 7 at Ellerslie.
Japanese raider Admire Rakti made a storming seven-wide run in the final 150 meters and snatched a half-length victory in the Aus$3 million Caulfield Cup (Aus-I) Oct. 18.
It's a Dundeel collared pacesetter Carlton House less than 200 meters out but had to dig in late to repel rapidly closing Sacred Falls to win the AUS$4 million Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aus-I) April 19 at Royal Randwick.
Although racing strategy fell apart at the start, favorite Puccini still pulled off a convincing win for an injured jockey in the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) March 1 at Ellerslie.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby