The changing climate of the Thoroughbred industry and key areas of improvement were prominent topics of discussion by trainers Jonathan Sheppard and Christophe Clement at the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club meeting.
Summer Bird, last year's champion 3-year-old male, is one of 25 horses being transferred from trainer Tim Ice by Drs. K.K. Jayaraman and Vilasini Jayaraman. Ice currently is based at Oaklawn Park in Arkansas.
Grade I winner Taste of Paradise was represented by his first winner when his son Justamatteroftime scored by 7 1/4 lengths Sept. 9 at Presque Isle Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy