The New York Racing Association is now the nation's largest state-controlled racing entity, paving a new and highly uncertain future for the not-for-profit corporation that has seen its highs and lows.
The first foal by grade I stakes-placed Noble Causeway is a filly born Jan. 18 at Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Riggio's My Meadowview near Water Mill, N.Y.
Running notes of the highlights of the Keeneland November sale, which began Nov. 5 and include a world-record price for a broodmare.
Three of trainer Nick Zito's five Kentucky Derby (gr. I) starters drilled Sunday morning at Churchill Downs and all three "went exceptionally well" for the two-time Derby-winning trainer. All three worked under blue skies and cool weather with exercise rider Maxine Correa aboard.
Two-time Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Nick Zito now has jockeys set for all five of his contenders for the 131st running of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) on Saturday, May 7.
Ballado Chieftan, a 3-year-old stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will enter stud at Bruce Kline and partners' Spendthrift Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present