Jockey David Amiss recorded the 1,000th victory of his career at Suffolk Downs Sept. 22, guiding Adahai to the wire first in the $50,000 African Prince Stakes.
John Rigattieri, a leading trainer in New England who has made his presence felt while wintering in Maryland the past few seasons, jumped out in front of the pack when he saddled three winners at Pimlico on Thursday's opening day card.
A dozen out-of-town trainers from New England and Delaware have relocated to Maryland for the winter bringing 120 more horses to Pimlico, Laurel Park and the Bowie Training Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Firing Line Stretches Legs in Derby Breeze
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Work
- Keen Ice Warms Up for Derby With Workout
- KY Derby: Jerry Crawford on Keen Ice, Puca
- Birdatthewire Delivers Smooth Churchill Move
- NTRA Has Net Gain for Third Consecutive Year
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star