Jockey David Amiss recorded the 1,000th victory of his career at Suffolk Downs Sept. 22, guiding Adahai to the wire first in the $50,000 African Prince Stakes.
John Rigattieri, a leading trainer in New England who has made his presence felt while wintering in Maryland the past few seasons, jumped out in front of the pack when he saddled three winners at Pimlico on Thursday's opening day card.
A dozen out-of-town trainers from New England and Delaware have relocated to Maryland for the winter bringing 120 more horses to Pimlico, Laurel Park and the Bowie Training Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky