The 2014 Thoroughbred season at Northlands Park Racetrack & Casino concluded Oct. 25 with wagering increasing across the board.
British Columbia Derby (Can-III) winner Alert Bay tackled older foes for the first time and registered a smart victory in the British Columbia Premier's Handicap (Can-III) Oct. 13 at Hastings Race Course.
Alert Bay took command in the drive and posted a comfortable two-length win in the $135,225 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) at Hastings Racecourse Sept. 14 as owner Peter Redekop won the race for a third straight year.
After settling in mid-pack early in the Canadian Derby Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 16, Edison took charge at the quarter pole and romped to an eye-widening triumph at Edmonton's Northlands Park.
Commander defended his title in the British Columbia Premier's Stakes (Can-III) while Madeira Park secured the first graded stakes win in her career in the Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 14 at Hastings Racecourse.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Favored No Hesitation extended his winning streak to five races with his first graded-stakes success in the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel