Dan the Tin Man, game winner of the Jacques Cartier Stakes on opening weekend of the 2014 Woodbine season, returns to the Toronto track May 11 as the 125-pound highweight in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III).
After finishing seventh in the May 2 Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), adjudged 2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner Ria Antonia could head to the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) for trainer Tom Amoss.
What makes a man take a longshot gamble, and how often can he expect to be on the winning end? In a restaurant on Bourbon Street, Ron Paolucci contemplated this question. "That's how you hit the home runs," he said.
Freshman sire In Summation, a grade I-winning millionaire and two-time Santa Anita Park track record-setter, sired his first winner when his 2-year-old colt No Fruit Degroote captured his debut at Delaware Park June 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- TOBA December Member of the Month
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- HRRN en Espanol to Cover Clásico del Caribe