The three-day first session of the Inglis Easter yearling sale concluded April 11 with healthy increases in the three primary market indicators, boosted by a Australasian record-smashing half brother to Black Caviar.
Rick Jamieson of Gilgai Farm in Australia sold a weanling half sister to Zenyatta for $1.5 million during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock auction Nov. 7 in Lexington.
Gilgai Farm, the breeder of undefeated Australian superstar Black Caviar, also is the owner of the weanling half-sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta that is slated to be offered at the Keeneland.
A half brother to group I winner Black Caviar brought Aust$1.025 million ($1,059,110 in U.S. funds) topped the second session of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale April 6 in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- A Case for Full Siblings
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win