Jacqueline Ohrstrom's Demonstrative edged past Divine Fortune at the finish line to win the $150,000 Calvin Houghland Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) by a head May 11 at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Demonstrative, an Eclipse Award finalist in last season's steeplechase division, will make his 2013 jumps debut in the $150,000 Iroquois Steeplechase Saturday, May 11 at Percy Warner Park Course.
Formed by the NSA, the Steeplechase Safety Task Force is composed of steeplechase community members with specific areas of expertise in racing, veterinary science, and race administration.
Demonstrative, winner of the New York Turf Writers Cup Handicap (NSA-I), will battle with several veteran runners and new arrivals to American racing in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I), at Far Hills Races Oct. 20.
Jockey Robert Walsh deftly avoided trouble on Demonstrative when leader Divine Fortune fell over the final jump, going on to win the $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase Handicap (NSA-I) at Saratoga Aug. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds