Nat Rea's Regis Farms has purchased 367 acres of the former Hopewell Farm property in Woodford County for $5.2 million.
One-time high-flying bloodstock agents Duane and Wayne Murty were arrested July 25 and charged with animal cruelty after two dozen of their horses were found in filthy and/or malnourished condition earlier this month.
Hopewell Farm's 584 acres at the corner of Pisgah and Old Frankfort Pikes near Midway, Ky., were sold at auction July 15, with PNC Bank buying the two largest tracts and a local doctor purchasing 42.27 acres.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog