Nat Rea's Regis Farms has purchased 367 acres of the former Hopewell Farm property in Woodford County for $5.2 million.
One-time high-flying bloodstock agents Duane and Wayne Murty were arrested July 25 and charged with animal cruelty after two dozen of their horses were found in filthy and/or malnourished condition earlier this month.
Hopewell Farm's 584 acres at the corner of Pisgah and Old Frankfort Pikes near Midway, Ky., were sold at auction July 15, with PNC Bank buying the two largest tracts and a local doctor purchasing 42.27 acres.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage