Finding two-turn racing to his liking, Cocked and Loaded used a powerful move in the far turn to open a clear advantage and was not threatened in the stretch in winning the $150,000 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) Saturday.
Pure Sensation and Mongolian Saturday battled throughout the $300,000 Turf Monster Handicap, with Pure Sensation narrowly prevailing in a pulsating finish Sept. 7 at Parx Racing.
Journeyman Stud's Cowtown Cat became the first Florida freshman to sire a winner when his 2-year-old filly Richie'slilcowgirl scored a debut win in the first race at Arlington Park May 11.
A Little Warm followed up his maiden-breaking score with a victory in his stakes debut, as he came from off the pace and splashed home to a 1 1/2-length win in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes.
Stakes winner One Nice Cat came through with his first winner when his son R Rich E. Rich won June 28 at Arlington Park.
Strait of Mewsina, trailing the field heading into the turn for home, finished best of all to post a 19-1 surprise in the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) in Illinois.
Most Popular Stories
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- KHRC, Churchill Outline Testing, Security