San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf winner Nownownow sold for $130,000 to top the Nov. 17 session of the Keeneland breeding stock sale.
Odds-on favorite Songster, making his first start since being transferred from Darley Stable to Godolphin last winter, made short work of his four rivals in the $105,400 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) in his first start of the year at Belmont Park Saturday.
In one of the first hurdles of the Triple Crown campaign, Teuflesberg wins the $250,000 Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn Park, paying $48.80. The heavy 1-2 favorite, previously unbeaten Hard Spun, finishes fourth.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires