A Celebration of Life service and gathering for the late Richard Galpin will be held Apr. 5 at the Fasig- Tipton sale pavilion on Newtown Pike in Lexington.
Veteran bloodstock agent Richard Galpin of Newmarket International is on life support at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in South Florida after becoming ill while in the Miami area for Tuesday's Fasig-Tipton select sale of 2-year-olds in training at Calder Race Course.
Tattersalls chairman Edmond Mahony used the end of the company's July Sale Friday to highlight the higher commission rates charged by rival auction houses.
Three-year-old Irish-bred colt Rhythm'n Roots (by Daggers Drawn), winner of this season's group III Ballysax Stakes, topped Thursday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls July Sale in Newmarket last night when selling for 210,000 guineas to agent Richard Frisby.
In the 1970s, when he attended the University of Kentucky, Gary Drake would forgo class and head out to Keeneland "with $4 in my pocket trying to make my fortune." It's unlikely Drake made a score equal to the one he enjoyed when his New Phoenix Stable's Sarava shocked both him and the rest of the racing world by capturing the June 8 Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Equine Attorneys Group Elects Philpott
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway