A Celebration of Life service and gathering for the late Richard Galpin will be held Apr. 5 at the Fasig- Tipton sale pavilion on Newtown Pike in Lexington.
Veteran bloodstock agent Richard Galpin of Newmarket International is on life support at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in South Florida after becoming ill while in the Miami area for Tuesday's Fasig-Tipton select sale of 2-year-olds in training at Calder Race Course.
Tattersalls chairman Edmond Mahony used the end of the company's July Sale Friday to highlight the higher commission rates charged by rival auction houses.
Three-year-old Irish-bred colt Rhythm'n Roots (by Daggers Drawn), winner of this season's group III Ballysax Stakes, topped Thursday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls July Sale in Newmarket last night when selling for 210,000 guineas to agent Richard Frisby.
In the 1970s, when he attended the University of Kentucky, Gary Drake would forgo class and head out to Keeneland "with $4 in my pocket trying to make my fortune." It's unlikely Drake made a score equal to the one he enjoyed when his New Phoenix Stable's Sarava shocked both him and the rest of the racing world by capturing the June 8 Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor