Trainer Eric Guillot has filed a complaint with the New York State Gaming Commission alleging that jockey Luis Saez carried an electronic device when he won the Aug. 24 Travers Stakes (gr. I) aboard Will Take Charge.
Jockey Luis Saez, a recent addition to the New York riding colony, brought home five winners, including back-to-back dead-heat victories, May 31 at Belmont Park.
After winning five races the previous evening, jockey Cliff Berry managed to top himself at Remington Park on the night of Dec. 10 when he won all seven races in which he had mounts.
- By Claire Novak
A collection of noteworthy quotes from last week's backside meanderings...
Jockey C.C. Lopez, who was thrown to the track after his mount, Happy Face, broke her left fore ankle in Friday's third race at Aqueduct, suffered a broken left thumb and cracked ribs, according to his agent, James Riccio Jr.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver