Trainer Eric Guillot has filed a complaint with the New York State Gaming Commission alleging that jockey Luis Saez carried an electronic device when he won the Aug. 24 Travers Stakes (gr. I) aboard Will Take Charge.
Jockey Luis Saez, a recent addition to the New York riding colony, brought home five winners, including back-to-back dead-heat victories, May 31 at Belmont Park.
After winning five races the previous evening, jockey Cliff Berry managed to top himself at Remington Park on the night of Dec. 10 when he won all seven races in which he had mounts.
- By Claire Novak
A collection of noteworthy quotes from last week's backside meanderings...
Jockey C.C. Lopez, who was thrown to the track after his mount, Happy Face, broke her left fore ankle in Friday's third race at Aqueduct, suffered a broken left thumb and cracked ribs, according to his agent, James Riccio Jr.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby