Trainer Eric Guillot has filed a complaint with the New York State Gaming Commission alleging that jockey Luis Saez carried an electronic device when he won the Aug. 24 Travers Stakes (gr. I) aboard Will Take Charge.
Jockey Luis Saez, a recent addition to the New York riding colony, brought home five winners, including back-to-back dead-heat victories, May 31 at Belmont Park.
After winning five races the previous evening, jockey Cliff Berry managed to top himself at Remington Park on the night of Dec. 10 when he won all seven races in which he had mounts.
A collection of noteworthy quotes from last week's backside meanderings...
Jockey C.C. Lopez, who was thrown to the track after his mount, Happy Face, broke her left fore ankle in Friday's third race at Aqueduct, suffered a broken left thumb and cracked ribs, according to his agent, James Riccio Jr.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation