Trainer Eric Guillot has filed a complaint with the New York State Gaming Commission alleging that jockey Luis Saez carried an electronic device when he won the Aug. 24 Travers Stakes (gr. I) aboard Will Take Charge.
Jockey Luis Saez, a recent addition to the New York riding colony, brought home five winners, including back-to-back dead-heat victories, May 31 at Belmont Park.
After winning five races the previous evening, jockey Cliff Berry managed to top himself at Remington Park on the night of Dec. 10 when he won all seven races in which he had mounts.
- By Claire Novak
A collection of noteworthy quotes from last week's backside meanderings...
Jockey C.C. Lopez, who was thrown to the track after his mount, Happy Face, broke her left fore ankle in Friday's third race at Aqueduct, suffered a broken left thumb and cracked ribs, according to his agent, James Riccio Jr.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects