Exchange Rate, who stands at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., will shuttle to Argentina to stand the Southern Hemisphere breeding season at Alberto and Renata Stein's Haras La Leyenda.
As the media descend daily on barn 27 of the Santa Anita backstretch to get a glimpse of Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) favorite Curlin Oct. 20, trainer Juan Reviriego quietly goes about his business next door at barn 28. He also has a Breeders' Cup contender, though Lady Sprinter doesn't have nearly as high a profile as her neighbor.
- By Dan Liebman
From just 14 starters, Argentina has been represented as the breeding ground of the winners of four Breeders' Cup World Championships races.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6