Flashback, a grade II-winning son of leading sire Tapit, has been retired and will stand in 2015 at Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
A selection of Keeneland September yearlings with noteworthy pedigrees set to sell on Sept. 9 at the auction's second session
Within minutes of each other, colts by Giant's Causeway and Tapit each sold for $1.6 million, the day's highest price at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. selected sale of 2-year-olds in training March 11.
Trainer Bob Baffert viewed the $200,000 Robert B. Lewis Stakes (gr. II) as a scrimmage for untested Flashback, and the talented son of Tapit proved he was ready for tougher with an easy tally at Santa Anita Park Feb. 2.
Zazu, coming from far out of it, charged down the center of the course to defeat Ultra Blend in the $250,000 Lady's Secret Stakes (gr. I) as 13-10 choice Blind Luck failed to fire at Santa Anita Oct. 1.
Zazu won a rematch with Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Plum Pretty when she scraped the rail at the top of the stretch and drew off in the final strides to win the $147,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) June 25
On a day owners Jerry and Ann Moss were presented the first "Vox Populi" Award for their superstar mare Zenyatta, they also gained a new grade I winner in Zazu, who won the $250,000 Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I) Feb. 5
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport