Within minutes of each other, colts by Giant's Causeway and Tapit each sold for $1.6 million, the day's highest price at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. selected sale of 2-year-olds in training March 11.
Trainer Bob Baffert viewed the $200,000 Robert B. Lewis Stakes (gr. II) as a scrimmage for untested Flashback, and the talented son of Tapit proved he was ready for tougher with an easy tally at Santa Anita Park Feb. 2.
Zazu, coming from far out of it, charged down the center of the course to defeat Ultra Blend in the $250,000 Lady's Secret Stakes (gr. I) as 13-10 choice Blind Luck failed to fire at Santa Anita Oct. 1.
Zazu won a rematch with Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Plum Pretty when she scraped the rail at the top of the stretch and drew off in the final strides to win the $147,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) June 25
On a day owners Jerry and Ann Moss were presented the first "Vox Populi" Award for their superstar mare Zenyatta, they also gained a new grade I winner in Zazu, who won the $250,000 Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I) Feb. 5
Most Popular Stories
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Darley Sire Commands Dies in Australia
- Former Classics Starters Line Up in Jean Prat
- Slade Power Convincing July Cup Victor
- Calder's Top Racing Official to Stay With CDI
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington