A weanling colt from the first crop of Shackleford was the standout on the second and final day of the reformatted Fasig-Tipton New York Saratoga fall sale Oct. 7 and brought the auction's overall highest price of $150,000.
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break