A weanling colt from the first crop of Shackleford was the standout on the second and final day of the reformatted Fasig-Tipton New York Saratoga fall sale Oct. 7 and brought the auction's overall highest price of $150,000.
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Brown Sends Two West for American Oaks
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD