A weanling colt from the first crop of Shackleford was the standout on the second and final day of the reformatted Fasig-Tipton New York Saratoga fall sale Oct. 7 and brought the auction's overall highest price of $150,000.
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining