A weanling colt from the first crop of Shackleford was the standout on the second and final day of the reformatted Fasig-Tipton New York Saratoga fall sale Oct. 7 and brought the auction's overall highest price of $150,000.
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Horsemen's Track and Equipment Offers Scholarship
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF