A weanling colt from the first crop of Shackleford was the standout on the second and final day of the reformatted Fasig-Tipton New York Saratoga fall sale Oct. 7 and brought the auction's overall highest price of $150,000.
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate