Grade II winner Atta Boy Roy, one of the fastest Thoroughbreds in Washington state history, capped a brilliant career with a runner-up finish Feb. 1 in the Swift Stakes at Turf Paradise in Phoenix.
Calvin Borel guided his mount to an early lead and never looked back. This time, Borel steered 10-1 chance Atta Boy Roy to a wire-to-wire score in the $250,000 Churchill Downs (gr. II) May 1.
Stakes winner Eavesdropper was represented by his first winner when his daughter Copper Sunrise won at five furlongs June 21 at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Vercingetorix Co-Stars on Super Saturday
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain