Grade II winner Atta Boy Roy, one of the fastest Thoroughbreds in Washington state history, capped a brilliant career with a runner-up finish Feb. 1 in the Swift Stakes at Turf Paradise in Phoenix.
Calvin Borel guided his mount to an early lead and never looked back. This time, Borel steered 10-1 chance Atta Boy Roy to a wire-to-wire score in the $250,000 Churchill Downs (gr. II) May 1.
Stakes winner Eavesdropper was represented by his first winner when his daughter Copper Sunrise won at five furlongs June 21 at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Benzel to Handle de Sousa's Book in NY
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale