Grade II winner Atta Boy Roy, one of the fastest Thoroughbreds in Washington state history, capped a brilliant career with a runner-up finish Feb. 1 in the Swift Stakes at Turf Paradise in Phoenix.
Calvin Borel guided his mount to an early lead and never looked back. This time, Borel steered 10-1 chance Atta Boy Roy to a wire-to-wire score in the $250,000 Churchill Downs (gr. II) May 1.
Stakes winner Eavesdropper was represented by his first winner when his daughter Copper Sunrise won at five furlongs June 21 at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Looks Splendid in Las Flores
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive