Grade II winner Atta Boy Roy, one of the fastest Thoroughbreds in Washington state history, capped a brilliant career with a runner-up finish Feb. 1 in the Swift Stakes at Turf Paradise in Phoenix.
Calvin Borel guided his mount to an early lead and never looked back. This time, Borel steered 10-1 chance Atta Boy Roy to a wire-to-wire score in the $250,000 Churchill Downs (gr. II) May 1.
Stakes winner Eavesdropper was represented by his first winner when his daughter Copper Sunrise won at five furlongs June 21 at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple