The New York State Gaming Commission will host a day-long summit focused on the issue of retired Thoroughbred and Standardbred horses on Tuesday, Sept. 1.
This year's Albany Law School Institute on Racing and Gaming Law devoted a full day to matters of equine health, focusing primarily on Thoroughbred retirement and aftercare.
Galloping Out Thoroughbred Rescue Fund will hold its annual fund-rasier in the paddock area at Arlington Park following the last race on Saturday, June 25.
A 13-member New York State Task Force on Retired Race Horses has been appointed to "investigate the feasibility of creating a larger market and alternative employment opportunities for retired race horses, as well as the costs and benefits of installing artificial turf at race courses."
Churchill Downs Inc. raised $101,000 to benefit the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation during its inaugural "Out to Pasture Party."
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Tumblebrutus Gets 25th Black-Type Winner