The New York State Gaming Commission will host a day-long summit focused on the issue of retired Thoroughbred and Standardbred horses on Tuesday, Sept. 1.
This year's Albany Law School Institute on Racing and Gaming Law devoted a full day to matters of equine health, focusing primarily on Thoroughbred retirement and aftercare.
Galloping Out Thoroughbred Rescue Fund will hold its annual fund-rasier in the paddock area at Arlington Park following the last race on Saturday, June 25.
A 13-member New York State Task Force on Retired Race Horses has been appointed to "investigate the feasibility of creating a larger market and alternative employment opportunities for retired race horses, as well as the costs and benefits of installing artificial turf at race courses."
Churchill Downs Inc. raised $101,000 to benefit the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation during its inaugural "Out to Pasture Party."
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California