Trainer Ted H. West, 43, announced his retirement July 8. A licensed trainer in his own right for the past 17 years, West started with his father, retired trainer Ted West, when he was a young boy.
Reflect on the racing career of two-time horse of the year Wise Dan. view slideshow
Keeneland announced June 1 that Walt Robertson, vice president of sales, will retire from day-to-day duties June 30. Robertson will continue at the lead on the Sporting Art Auction.
Track announcer Dan Loiselle will call his last race at Woodbine Racetrack on May 31 bringing a 29-year career as thoroughbred race caller to a close.
National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame 2014 tribute to retiring race announcer Tom Durkin. watch video
Starlight Racing's Intense Holiday has been retired from racing because of a condylar fracture. The Risen Star Stakes winner had been preparing for a start in the Belmont Stakes when the injury was detected May 25.
Track announcer Tom Durkin, who has been calling races for the New York Racing Association circuit since 1990, announced he will bring a 43-year career to a close Aug. 31.
November 13, 2010 - To Retire or Keep Racing? Read More
Blythe Miller, the only woman to win the National Steeplechase Association jockey championship, announced her retirement after 15 years in the saddle, 202 steeplechase victories, and more than $5 million in purse earnings.
Yankee Victor, who won this year's Metropolitan Handicap at Belmont Park, has been retired from racing after suffering a slight injury to his right front ankle during the June 25 Hanshin Handicap at Arlington International Racecourse.
El Gran Senor, a son of Northern Dancer and sire of 49 stakes winners to date, has been retired.
Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) winner Yankee Victor has been retired.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet