Sightseeing, sire of 2012 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) winner So Many Ways, died Dec. 8 from complications due to intestinal surgery, Richland Hills Farm president Nathan Fox confirmed Dec. 12.
If you were looking for some sense of normalcy in New York following the wild and woolly Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, you were in for a rude awakening.
Critical Eye earned her first career stakes win as she battled with pacesetter Plenty of Light through the stretch, winning by a nose in the $200,000 Gazelle Handicap (gr. I) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Secret Status and Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) winner Jostle will renew their rivalry in the $750,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) Saturday at Saratoga.
Fox Hill Farms' Jostle led at every call en route to an upset victory over heavily favored Secret Status in the $350,000 Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals