Victoria's BMW Caulfield Cup (Aus-I) had been in the plans for Fawkner for nearly a year, and the 6-year-old Reset gelding sprung a long-sought win Oct. 19 for owners Lloyd and Nick Williams.
It was a buyers' market during the first session of the 2009 BMW Magic Millions yearling sale at Morphettville in Australia March 9.
It seems purchasing sprinting sensation Exceed And Excel (Danehill-Patrona) for A$22 million (U.S. $16.9 million) last month wasn't enough for the ever-expanding Darley in Australia. The big boys have just grown a tad more and in the interim again turned the screws on all Australian stud rivals by buying Australia's best 3-year-old Reset (Zabeel-Assertive Lass) for A$20 million (U.S.$15.3 million) overnight.
Fresh from his triumph against his own age in the Australian Guineas (Aust-I) earlier last month, Reset attempted new horizons in taking on older horses in the 106th Futurity Stakes (Aust-I) Feb. 28.
Reset is unique of Zabeel's 26 group I winners in that the Australian Guineas (Aust-I) winner was foaled in Australia, the others in their sire's native New Zealand.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Dolniya Quickens to Sheema Classic Score
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win
- Dubai Wold Cup 2015: Godolphin Mile
- Brown Panther Pounces in Dubai Gold Cup
- Tamarkuz Takes Godolphin Mile Thriller