Repriced, one of the last remaining sons of Roberto, died Jan. 27, at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington from an apparent heart attack. He was 24.
Glen Hill Farm's homebred Closeout coasted to a three-length victory over Gloria Goodbody to win the 28th running of the $114,900 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. III) to close out the 45-day Spring Meet at Churchill Downs.
Darby Dan Farm, which recently added three new stallions to its roster, has announced its 2009 stud fees.
Darby Dan Farm has announced its 2008 stallion fees.
Golden Dome Stable's 14-1 shot Spruce Run collared favored Fort Prado in deep stretch and prevailed by a neck to take the $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hawthorne turf Saturday.
Favored Rich in Spirit enjoyed a great stalking trip under jockey Gary Stevens, kicking home at the eighth pole to win the $225,000 Regret (gr. IIIT) in her graded stakes debut on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Glen Hill Farm's Kentucky shipper Rich in Spirit rewarded her connections with a victory in Saturday's $100,000 John Franks Juvenile Fillies Turf on Florida Million day at Calder Race Course.
Darby Dan Farm announced today the launch of the "Darby Dan Profit Protection" plan for its stallions that stand for less than $10,000.
The Breeders' Cup has received a dozen phone calls this week from persons asking about the eligibility of stallions that stood in 2000 (foals of 2001) and 2001 (foals of 2002) at Dr. William O. Reed's Mare Haven Farm near Lexington.
Stakes winner Repriced, who has $1.6 million in 2000 progeny earnings, has been moved to John Phillips' Darby Dan Farm near Lexington, where he will stand for $7,500 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru