Despite the long hours, significant time spent apart, and the challenges of being based in a state with a racing and breeding program that struggles to compete with its neighbors, the Keens would not trade their career choice or their location.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Industry Press Releases, Southwest Region, Mid-Atlantic Region, Off Track Thoroughbreds
Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the Award of Merit recipients honored at state breeders' association awards ceremonies in June.
Porfido, a three-time group 1 winner in his native Chile, has been retired to Old Friends in Georgetown, Ky. Porfido (Mash One--Piazza Venezia, by Roy) started 79 times in his career, winning 15 races, seven in Chile.
Donoharm, winner of the Fifth Season Stakes and Essex Handicap this winter at Oaklawn Park, headlines Lone Star Park's Texas Mile (gr. III) April 27.
Ten broodmares at a Texas livestock auction that is frequented by kill buyers were shipped there by Keith Asmussen's Asmussen Horse Center July 7.
- By Esther Marr
After a near-death experience last year, horsewoman Carmel Heitzman decided to run the Mardi Gras Marathon and raised more than $8,500 for Remember Me Rescue. read blog
With the last horses removed from a Louisiana farm after they were discovered to be malnourished, a humane society and equine rescue groups in the state are seeking financial assistance in caring for the seized Thoroughbreds.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture