D' Funnybone tracks a hot early pace set by Discreetly Mine and Eightyfiveinafifty and cruises home to win the seven-furlong Woody Stephens by 3 1/4 lengths.
Multiple grade II winner D' Funnybone gets back to his favored distance of seven furlongs when he takes on four other 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) June 5 at Belmont Park.
Nick Zito found another major contender for next month's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), as Richard Pell's Fly Down demolished six 3-year-old rivals in the $200,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) May 8 at Belmont Park.
Jason, Tom, and Tim Holland preview the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Watch Video
Eightyfiveinafifty made a winning return in the seven-furlong Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) and cruised to a 2 1/2-length victory under Ramon Dominguez in the $200,000 event.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective