Pacesetting Egg Drop battled back after giving away the lead in the stretch to score a nose victory over Discreet Marq in the final Matriarch Stakes (gr. IT) at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 1.
Favored Egg Drop, a $12,000 Ocala yearling buy, recorded her second grade II victory in a row when she tallied by a head in the $150,000 Goldikova Stakes on the turf Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Egg Drop held on to her first stakes victory when she nipped Appealing by a head in the $150,000 Yellow Ribbon Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf Sept. 2 at Del Mar, then survived a long stewards' inquiry into the final stages.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru