Fasig-Tipton's July yearling sale opens the yearling auction season with mixed figures and a $550,000 sale-topper, a Cowboy Cal half brother to Hoppertunity and three-quarters brother to Executiveprivilege.
Hoppertunity might not know much about racing yet, but his pure talent was enough to get the job done in the $600,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park March 15.
Undefeated Executiveprivilege stamped herself as the likely favorite for this year's Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) with a smashing victory in the $250,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
First Samurai is regaining considerable momentum this year, and sits third on the table of leading sires of 2-year-olds and fourth on the third-season sire rankings.
Odds-on choice Executiveprivilege remained perfect in four starts with her victory in the $300,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) Sept. 1 but had to dig deep to defeat determined pacesetter Beholder by a nose.
The Ocala Breeders Sales Co. concluded a record run through its Spring Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training on April 26 with a fourth consecutive session of spirited bidding and a $650,000 sales topper.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown