Fasig-Tipton's July yearling sale opens the yearling auction season with mixed figures and a $550,000 sale-topper, a Cowboy Cal half brother to Hoppertunity and three-quarters brother to Executiveprivilege.
Half brother to Executiveprivilege and Hoppertunity, offered by Hidden Brook, agent, at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July sale.
Hoppertunity might not know much about racing yet, but his pure talent was enough to get the job done in the $600,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park March 15.
Undefeated Executiveprivilege stamped herself as the likely favorite for this year's Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) with a smashing victory in the $250,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
First Samurai is regaining considerable momentum this year, and sits third on the table of leading sires of 2-year-olds and fourth on the third-season sire rankings.
Odds-on choice Executiveprivilege remained perfect in four starts with her victory in the $300,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) Sept. 1 but had to dig deep to defeat determined pacesetter Beholder by a nose.
The Ocala Breeders Sales Co. concluded a record run through its Spring Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training on April 26 with a fourth consecutive session of spirited bidding and a $650,000 sales topper.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet