Fasig-Tipton's July yearling sale opens the yearling auction season with mixed figures and a $550,000 sale-topper, a Cowboy Cal half brother to Hoppertunity and three-quarters brother to Executiveprivilege.
Hoppertunity might not know much about racing yet, but his pure talent was enough to get the job done in the $600,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park March 15.
Undefeated Executiveprivilege stamped herself as the likely favorite for this year's Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) with a smashing victory in the $250,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
First Samurai is regaining considerable momentum this year, and sits third on the table of leading sires of 2-year-olds and fourth on the third-season sire rankings.
Odds-on choice Executiveprivilege remained perfect in four starts with her victory in the $300,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) Sept. 1 but had to dig deep to defeat determined pacesetter Beholder by a nose.
The Ocala Breeders Sales Co. concluded a record run through its Spring Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training on April 26 with a fourth consecutive session of spirited bidding and a $650,000 sales topper.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Zia Park Schedules 33 Stakes for 2015 Meet