Twin Creeks Racing Stables' Red Rifle, a front-running type, will carry the field a long way in the June 5 Belmont Gold Cup Invitational Stakes at two miles on the Widener Turf Course.
TimeformUS Weekend stakes analysis of the G1 Delaware Handicap and G2 Bowling Green Handicap. read blog
Gary Barber's Boisterous, a seven-time stakes winner for Phipps Stable, heads the cast for the 12-furlong Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 12 at Belmont Park.
Attempting the rare distance of two miles on turf for the first time, Charming Kitten overcame 10 rivals to win the inaugural $200,000 Belmont Gold Cup Invitational by one length at Belmont Park June 6.
Pool Play will try to add a graded stakes victory on turf to a career resume that includes graded stakes scores on dirt and synthetic surfaces in the $150,000 Elkhorn Stakes (gr. II) April 25 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- A New Brand of Hero
- Big Move Forward on Concussion Protocol
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum