Twin Creeks Racing Stables' Red Rifle, a front-running type, will carry the field a long way in the June 5 Belmont Gold Cup Invitational Stakes at two miles on the Widener Turf Course.
TimeformUS Weekend stakes analysis of the G1 Delaware Handicap and G2 Bowling Green Handicap. read blog
Gary Barber's Boisterous, a seven-time stakes winner for Phipps Stable, heads the cast for the 12-furlong Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 12 at Belmont Park.
Attempting the rare distance of two miles on turf for the first time, Charming Kitten overcame 10 rivals to win the inaugural $200,000 Belmont Gold Cup Invitational by one length at Belmont Park June 6.
Pool Play will try to add a graded stakes victory on turf to a career resume that includes graded stakes scores on dirt and synthetic surfaces in the $150,000 Elkhorn Stakes (gr. II) April 25 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York