Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal proclaimed Thursday, May 1, as "Mucho Macho Man Day" in the state.
Ever-youthful Gary Stevens put an exclamation point on his remarkable comeback this season when riding Mucho Macho Man to a nose victory in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park.
Much Macho Man, who was pulled out of consideration to defend his Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) title due to a virus, has been sent to the Fair Hill Training Center, along with two stablemates.
Reeves Thoroughbreds' multi-millionare Mucho Macho Man breezed five furlongs in 1:02 the morning of Feb. 23 at Gulfstream Park, prepping for a probable start in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) on March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Casino Planned at Former Michigan Racetrack