Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal proclaimed Thursday, May 1, as "Mucho Macho Man Day" in the state.
Ever-youthful Gary Stevens put an exclamation point on his remarkable comeback this season when riding Mucho Macho Man to a nose victory in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park.
Much Macho Man, who was pulled out of consideration to defend his Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) title due to a virus, has been sent to the Fair Hill Training Center, along with two stablemates.
Reeves Thoroughbreds' multi-millionare Mucho Macho Man breezed five furlongs in 1:02 the morning of Feb. 23 at Gulfstream Park, prepping for a probable start in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) on March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory