Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal proclaimed Thursday, May 1, as "Mucho Macho Man Day" in the state.
Ever-youthful Gary Stevens put an exclamation point on his remarkable comeback this season when riding Mucho Macho Man to a nose victory in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park.
Much Macho Man, who was pulled out of consideration to defend his Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) title due to a virus, has been sent to the Fair Hill Training Center, along with two stablemates.
Reeves Thoroughbreds' multi-millionare Mucho Macho Man breezed five furlongs in 1:02 the morning of Feb. 23 at Gulfstream Park, prepping for a probable start in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) on March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title