Irish stayer Yeats, trained by Aidan O'Brien and ridden by Kieren Fallon, won the Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot Thursday.
Alcazar defied the calendar on Sunday and became only the second 10-year-old to win a group I race in Europe, defeating his younger rivals when winning the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Kinnaird defied her 69-1 odds and the fact that she had not won a race in two years to post a major shocker in the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien (Fr-I).
Arc winner Bago became a group I winner for the third consecutive year when he burst through a hole near the rail with a furlong left to win the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- FPD Begins Distribution of Liberty Cu Nails
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research