Irish stayer Yeats, trained by Aidan O'Brien and ridden by Kieren Fallon, won the Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot Thursday.
Alcazar defied the calendar on Sunday and became only the second 10-year-old to win a group I race in Europe, defeating his younger rivals when winning the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Kinnaird defied her 69-1 odds and the fact that she had not won a race in two years to post a major shocker in the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien (Fr-I).
Arc winner Bago became a group I winner for the third consecutive year when he burst through a hole near the rail with a furlong left to win the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts