Irish stayer Yeats, trained by Aidan O'Brien and ridden by Kieren Fallon, won the Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot Thursday.
Alcazar defied the calendar on Sunday and became only the second 10-year-old to win a group I race in Europe, defeating his younger rivals when winning the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Kinnaird defied her 69-1 odds and the fact that she had not won a race in two years to post a major shocker in the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien (Fr-I).
Arc winner Bago became a group I winner for the third consecutive year when he burst through a hole near the rail with a furlong left to win the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival