Irish stayer Yeats, trained by Aidan O'Brien and ridden by Kieren Fallon, won the Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot Thursday.
Alcazar defied the calendar on Sunday and became only the second 10-year-old to win a group I race in Europe, defeating his younger rivals when winning the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Kinnaird defied her 69-1 odds and the fact that she had not won a race in two years to post a major shocker in the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien (Fr-I).
Arc winner Bago became a group I winner for the third consecutive year when he burst through a hole near the rail with a furlong left to win the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20