Irish stayer Yeats, trained by Aidan O'Brien and ridden by Kieren Fallon, won the Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot Thursday.
Alcazar defied the calendar on Sunday and became only the second 10-year-old to win a group I race in Europe, defeating his younger rivals when winning the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Kinnaird defied her 69-1 odds and the fact that she had not won a race in two years to post a major shocker in the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien (Fr-I).
Arc winner Bago became a group I winner for the third consecutive year when he burst through a hole near the rail with a furlong left to win the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline