Irish stayer Yeats, trained by Aidan O'Brien and ridden by Kieren Fallon, won the Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot Thursday.
Alcazar defied the calendar on Sunday and became only the second 10-year-old to win a group I race in Europe, defeating his younger rivals when winning the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Kinnaird defied her 69-1 odds and the fact that she had not won a race in two years to post a major shocker in the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien (Fr-I).
Arc winner Bago became a group I winner for the third consecutive year when he burst through a hole near the rail with a furlong left to win the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny