A public-private partnership could lead to redevelopment of Atlantic City Race Course but would include upgrades to the circa-1946 facility and continuation--if not expansion--of live racing at the New Jersey track.
Lisa Hancock, managing director of Newmarket Racecourses in England, unveiled a £10-million redevelopment of the historic July Course June 11, which involved extending the area for racegoers at the back of stands and improving facilities without hopefully changing the unique ambience.
The Solano County Fair Association will begin exclusive negotiations with Mills Corp. to redevelop the Vallejo, Calif., fairgrounds. It would eventually spell the end of more than 50 years of live racing at the San Francisco Bay-area facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Silvano Offspring Dominate in Durban July
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse