A public-private partnership could lead to redevelopment of Atlantic City Race Course but would include upgrades to the circa-1946 facility and continuation--if not expansion--of live racing at the New Jersey track.
- By Mark Popham
Lisa Hancock, managing director of Newmarket Racecourses in England, unveiled a £10-million redevelopment of the historic July Course June 11, which involved extending the area for racegoers at the back of stands and improving facilities without hopefully changing the unique ambience.
- By Jack Shinar
The Solano County Fair Association will begin exclusive negotiations with Mills Corp. to redevelop the Vallejo, Calif., fairgrounds. It would eventually spell the end of more than 50 years of live racing at the San Francisco Bay-area facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees