Three Chimneys stallion Exchange Rate gets a pair of graded stakes winners at Keeneland April 11-12 and has a pair of 2-year-olds sell for $350,000 and $190,000 at the Tattersalls breeze-up sale in England.
Sheikh Mohammed's Darley announced Oct. 14 that multiple group I winner Reckless Abandon has been retired and will stand at Darley's Kildangan Stud in County Kildare, Ireland for 2014 for a fee to be determined.
Sole Power wore down 11-4 favorite Shea Shea in the closing strides and won the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) by a neck June 18 at Royal Ascot.
Impressive Al Quoz Sprint (UAE-I) winner Shea Shea will attempt to become the first South African horse to win at Royal Ascot in the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) on opening day June 18.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Reckless Abandon, son of Exchange Rate, cemented his standing as Europe's top sprinting 2-year-old.
Reckless Abandon extended his perfect record to five wins on Oct. 13 at Newmarket when he prevailed by a neck in the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) for 2-year-olds.
Trainer Clive Cox's 2-year-old stable star Reckless Abandon will bid to stay unbeaten when he starts in the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I), one of two top-level races for juveniles Oct. 13 at Newmarket.
Reckless Abandon completed his ascension to the top of the juvenile ranks with an authoritative victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017